Monday, March 2, 2009

Stalking Statues at SLU

On my way to the post office this morning, I glanced up and saw the monument in the park.

I've been oddly engaged in experiencing with my eyes lately, and not watching where I am going... and I have been starring off, walking into things and not pressing the gas pedal when the light turns green. Guess it's time to invest in a helmet and maybe a white walking stick.

Hey, why does that blind person have a camera??
Because she's not actually blind, she just can't see YOU.

The monument made me sculpture hungry, and I remembered there were some cool statues at St. Lawrence University, so I decided to go on a mission. Oddly, these aren't the statues I remember from when I attended...and as I was capturing images I felt slightly voyeuristic.


I'm still starving for sculptures, but I succumbed to the 11° F temp and had to go home for hot chocolate.

But I didn't make it. I ended up way off the road almost in the river, taking pictures where I wasn't supposed to be... ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment